ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

send in crash reports?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Viscardissend in crash reports?
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 4:14:35 pm

I've been seeing a little too much of this lately... "copy of copy of copy of copy of...." trying to finish something and just tons of crashing. I can't figure out what the problem is, and I would love to send crash reports to Adobe. Is there an easy way to send them to Adobe? I tried using the bug report page but it has a 2000 character limit which won't allow a full report. Would like to know the best method.

I have been having crashing issues as well as the infamous flickering video issues with my two machines, and I want to contribute to the solution with the hopes that this new update will improve some stability!

Return to posts index

Kevin MonahanRe: send in crash reports?
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 7:52:04 pm

Hi Rob,
I was able to paste a full crash log and steps into the bug report form here: If you can't get the full crash log into the box, get as much in there as you can. The important info is in the "crashed thread," so as long as that info is included, we'll get the relevant info.

You said that your crashing. What kind of Mac do you have, including CPU, RAM, GPU, and storage? What kind of footage is it?

You also said you have flickering issues. Is that with playback and export or just export? Are there any color correction effects applied to those clips or adjustment layers?

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Rob ViscardisRe: send in crash reports?
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 9:20:53 pm

I have two very different systems and these issues have been happening on both of them. One is a Mac mini 2.6 GHz Intel i7 with 16GB ram, Intel HD 4000 graphics. I've been having a ton of trouble with crashing while working on a feature documentary project lately, that I've been working on for a long time. MANY different types of footage. Working from a G-RAID drive through USB3. Made the mistake of updating in the middle of the project, because I wanted some features.
Have problems in other, smaller projects with many different types of media as well though, but just sporadically. Both computers. My other one is a 2009 mac pro. The problems have been very random and therefore hard to keep track of. Flickering problems were with playback as well as export, and were when using effects, but I tried many different methods of work arounds, only solution being to export as an image sequence to avoid the flickering. I have tried so many things. I figure I'll just start uploading crash reports and hope it helps.

Thanks Kevin.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved