Cant View Video inside Premier Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Miles
Cant View Video inside Premier Pro
on Apr 10, 2015 at 3:48:51 pm
Last Edited By Sam Miles on Apr 13, 2015 at 8:07:55 am

Hey guys,

I have been passed on a number of different edits from another person to finish off.

I am using windows and premier pro CC

I opened up a premier pro project and I cannot see the video content in the monitor window, however the source files play fine and the audio content is playing.

I have tried resetting workspaces and rendering out the project however I havent been successful.

does anyone have any idea of what this may be?

some of the video files are AVI and some are MOV.

your help is appreciated thanks.

Return to posts index

Oki Pienandoro
Re: Cant View Video inside Premier Pro
on Apr 11, 2015 at 12:30:27 am

Honestly, the way you wrote your problem is confusing to me.

When you say the source play fine, in what case did it play fine ? Outside premiere ? Using Windows Media Player or similar player?
Also, there are Source Monitor and Program Monitor in Premiere, and the video didn't show up at all in both monitor ?

What codec are used in the mov and avi container?
Post the screen cap video properties (premiere) and/or using mediainfo tools (google it)

------------------------------------------
Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

Sam Miles
on Apr 13, 2015 at 8:07:31 am
Last Edited By Sam Miles on Apr 13, 2015 at 8:46:42 am

Thanks for the reply, Apologies its a strange problem to explain.

I can watch the original source files in my preview project window within premier pro but not in my main edit project window.

I am editing a show-reel so I am using both AVI and MOV files.

MPEG Movie
File Size: 313.3 MB
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 25.00
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:02:11:04
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Type: AVI Movie
File Size: 1.2 GB
Image Size: 720 x 576
Frame Rate: 25.00
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:05:26:03
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.4587

AVI File details:
Timecode:

I have tried toggling the eyeballs and making new sequences.

Return to posts index

Oki Pienandoro
on Apr 13, 2015 at 8:42:28 am

I'm still confused with the terminology you used. I'm gonna assume when you said "preview project window" is the source monitor, and when you said "main edit project window" is the program monitor.

Do you by any chance accidentally turn off the video track ?
Or disabling the video itself ?
I know it's basic thing, but i have to ask that just in case you overlook the problem.

If it's not the case, try to clean your media database files and cache.

If it also fails, transcode both video to same format, preferably using DNxHD or Cineform to avoid much quality loss.

Did it also happen to other video (In other project)?

Return to posts index

Sam Miles
on Apr 13, 2015 at 8:56:37 am

Apologies for not having the correct lingo appreicate your help.

When I said "preview project window" I meant the source monitor, and when I said "main edit project window" I was referring to the program monitor.

I have tried dragging the videos from one track to another and toggling the eyeballs and layers.

The most bizarre thing about this problem is that I can bring new video files onto the timeline into the same project on the same channel and play them back perfectly, however I cannot view any of the existing clips on the timeline.

I have my cache disabled.

Its a weird problem, its hard cleaning up somebody else's work

Return to posts index

Oki Pienandoro
on Apr 13, 2015 at 9:08:36 am

that I can bring new video files onto the timeline into the same project on the same channel and play them back perfectly, however I cannot view any of the existing clips on the timeline

OK, let me clear one thing. So a new video can be viewed perfectly on the program monitor, but those two AVI and mov files you mentioned earlier cannot be viewed on program monitor ? Am i getting this correctly ?

How about if you put that two troublesome files on NEW PROJECT (not new sequence) ?
Are the problem still exist ?
If it was the case, then there's chance the video itself is broken (although it's weird that video can be viewed on source monitor)

Return to posts index

Sam Miles
on Apr 13, 2015 at 9:22:03 am

I am starting to realise that this problem is so strange I would be faster starting from the very beginning with the edit and erasing all the previous guys work.

I thought it might be a small issue that people have encountered before in the past. describing this in text format is too confusing. I don't want to waste your time any longer

I really appreciate your help but I think I am just going to have to start from the beginning as the original video files are not corrupt.

thanks man

Return to posts index

Oki Pienandoro
on Apr 13, 2015 at 9:35:36 am
Last Edited By Oki Pienandoro on Apr 13, 2015 at 9:40:49 am

OK, i'm sorry i can't help you to solve it. Good luck man.

Last tiny bit thing, aside from codec problem (which is unlikely since you said it can be viewed on program monitor), maybe the previous editor use some 3rd party plugin or something else in the video, either you didn't have it, or it's broken somehow, although the default behavior if such problem exist is not exactly like you described, it should be can be viewed on program monitor.

Try "remove all video effect" and reset motion, opacity etc if you haven't try that yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]