ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Importing transparent GIF/PSD issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deniz UlkerImporting transparent GIF/PSD issues
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 1:29:07 am

Hey forum (my first post here so pls be kind:) )

For a video project I want to embed transparent gifs over an existing video. For this I had to remove the background of the images first in Photoshop (as explained here) and exported them as GIFs and kept the PSDs around just in case. However when I import the GIFs in premiere I always end up with a white background instead of transparent. (Viewed somewhere else like a browser they are transparent) So I switched to importing the PSDs instead, but another mystery is that some of the layers don't show up in Premiere at all, but they are there in Photoshop. How come this is the case?

Also, another quick question: When I choose a number of clips from say Video Track 3 to copy and want to paste them right after where the first batch ends on the same track, its always pasted on the Track 1 instead. If you could help me with this too I would appreciate a lot, thanks.

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: Importing transparent GIF/PSD issues
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 4:04:25 am

When you import the PSD, do you see all the layers in the Import Layered File dialog? If so, did you select Individual Layers and make sure to select all the checkboxes for each layer?

To paste to a specific track, make sure you have targeted the desired video and audio tracks. By default, V1 is targeted. Select/click V3 (it should highlight and you'll also see a tooltip mentioning track targeting) and deselect V1. Paste should now go to V3.

Trent Happel
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Deniz UlkerRe: Importing transparent GIF/PSD issues
by on Apr 12, 2015 at 1:06:53 pm

Thanks for the reply Mr Happel,

After I posted this I did a little bit of research and the answer came up in adobe forums; namely exporting the gif as a .mov file and importing it that way helps with transparency. As for your question, no I did not see all the layers either in the import box or after they are all in the bin. I have no idea why, as in the psd everything seems to be in order.

Thanks for the pasting tip as well, helped a great deal.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved