ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

PPro crashing for one user only

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon DoughtiePPro crashing for one user only
by on Apr 9, 2015 at 3:18:37 pm

Multiple users on the system.

All projects crash on one user except for a new empty project. We have cleared all cache files and launched PPro CC (2013) using ALT+SHIFT to bypass preferences. No joy.

Projects that crash for this user work fine for everyone else.

No recent installs or updates. In fact, we're holding off on updates because of the peculiar way we have to do them (no cloud, company has a deal with Adobe to give us file-based updates that require we UNINSTALL EVERYTHING before updating. Sigh.

Only one user is having issues. They aren't a user that would do "dumb things". Any ideas what to try next??

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: PPro crashing for one user only
by on Apr 9, 2015 at 4:11:47 pm

Additional information: running on a WIN7 in a Dell T7600, 32MB RAM, K5000 GPU. Have two identical systems in house. Both have run like champs since 12/2013, and still do - except now for this one user.

Here's some snips of the crash data:

Return to posts index

Jason MollRe: PPro crashing for one user only
by on Apr 9, 2015 at 6:30:09 pm

Have you compared the "problem" user's Premiere preferences with the others? There might be something that is checked on his preferences that are causing these results?

I would especially look at "Display out of sync indicators for unlinked clips"

Return to posts index

Oki PienandoroRe: PPro crashing for one user only
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 2:31:35 pm
Last Edited By Oki Pienandoro on Apr 10, 2015 at 4:59:02 pm

I'm no programmer, but the crash report shown a fault module is dvaworkplace.dll.
Workspace layout is embedded in project files.
So it's probably has something to do with his workplace layout ?
I tried to reproduce your error with no luck, sadly (but i'm using PP 2014, btw) by assuming the trouble machine has problem accessing either the Adobe workspace layout folder in document or appdata temp folder or in the folder project it self.

Sorry not much of a help from me in the end..

Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: PPro crashing for one user only
by on Apr 14, 2015 at 5:04:18 pm

An update:

On the advice of one of the Adobe folks,we created and opened a new Ppro project and under The Window dropdown menu, went to the Workspace submenu and unchecked "Import Workspace from Projects".

We closed that empty project and opened a project that had previously crashed repeatedly, and it opened normally.

We will likely trash Preferences for the user. Just this one change corrected the issue, but it suggests issues with user Prefs, for sure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved