ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Troubleshooting "Media Pending" - Adobe Tech Support? - 3rd Party Tools?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob ColeTroubleshooting "Media Pending" - Adobe Tech Support? - 3rd Party Tools?
by on Apr 7, 2015 at 3:26:53 pm
Last Edited By Bob Cole on Apr 7, 2015 at 3:36:39 pm

I'm relatively new to PPro, and would appreciate some feedback and advice on how to deal with the problems that will happen with any complex software.

My early impressions are:

1. very easy to migrate from FCP7
2. but the problems, when they occur, are really big ones.

Today's problem was "Media Pending." I moved a PPro project from my old Mac Pro to a new Mac Book Pro, and the results are not good. I relinked almost all of the files, and they are linked - but I get "Media Pending" on everything that I've linked. I've researched this all morning on the Internet, have tried all the suggestions, and still have the problem. (for the heck of it, I exported the XML to FCP7, which is supposed not to work on my new MBP, and it opened almost perfectly, instantly. Hmmm.)

EDIT - I restarted (again) and the "Media Pending" is now live. But my questions about "How to Troubleshoot" remain.

I know from my years of happy editing on FCP7 that there are some gotchas and some great solutions. A lot of these solutions came to me via my personal guru (thanks, David Weiss) and the COW.

Are there some software utilities that you regard as "must-haves?"

Is Adobe Support useful? How do you reach them? The website seems designed to hide that information.

Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved