ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

display duration of clip in time line

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Pauldisplay duration of clip in time line
by on Apr 7, 2015 at 10:18:28 am

In Avid I can see how long a clip is in my time line. In fact Avid can show me all kinds of informations about my clips in the time line. I have always found it to be useful to see that a clip is 7 seconds long (for example). Is it possible to see how long a clip is in Premiere / can Premiere directly display this information on the clip segment in the time line like Avid does. If not whats the best way to keep track of your length and time? Thanks

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: display duration of clip in time line
by on Apr 7, 2015 at 10:56:57 am

You can see all kinds of info in the info-panel. It's usually in the same panel group where the project window is. If you've closed it then choose info from the window menu.

Return to posts index

Michael PaulRe: display duration of clip in time line
by on Apr 7, 2015 at 11:10:04 am

This is not what I have wanted / what I am looking for. It seems like you do not understand my question / I have worded my question/request wrong so I will try to explain it better.

I have a time line full of clips. Okay? Those clips are segments of other clips - longer clips. Now I want to see the length (in time) of those clips in the TIME LINE. I do NOT want to know how long the original clip is. Do you understand what I am asking?
In Avid you just get a text on your clip like "AAA247 4:30" or something like that so you can directly see in your time line that THIS clip is 4 minutes and 30 seconds long. How can I EASLY see how long a clip is IN THE TIME LINE without doing any math?

Return to posts index

by on Apr 7, 2015 at 11:24:09 am

So did you even look at the info-panel or are you just bitching for kicks? The info panel will show you the duration of the selected clip. If that doesn't work then you can press x to mark the clip so you can see the length in the program window duration or you can hover over the clip to see its info.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: display duration of clip in time line
by on Apr 7, 2015 at 3:08:39 pm

confirmed…
info panel will do what you are asking….

thx…

Alex

Return to posts index

jerry wiseRe: display duration of clip in time line
by on Apr 7, 2015 at 4:15:24 pm

sort of the same topic but different....if I set a mark-in on my timeline and I want to set a duration of say 30 seconds...how would I do that. in FCP7 it's easy. I haven't found a way to do it in Premiere.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 7, 2015 at 4:45:03 pm
Last Edited By Tero Ahlfors on Apr 7, 2015 at 6:17:31 pm

Mark in to timeline - plus sign on numpad - input desired time that you want to jump forward - press enter

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: display duration of clip in time line
by on Apr 7, 2015 at 4:59:44 pm

I agree….

I miss IN and duration or OUT and duration as quick ways to work.

or understood IN at playhead and just duration.

D-Vision/edit* :)

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

by on Apr 7, 2015 at 5:47:49 pm

so I mark an in point on my timeline, say at 2 seconds, then hit plus on the key pad and enter 1500 (15 seconds) and nothing happens.
I'm on PP2014 v8.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 7, 2015 at 5:58:00 pm

When you press the plus the sequence timecode should change into a plus. Make sure you don't have any clips selected because then you'll move the selected clips.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 7, 2015 at 8:02:49 pm

ah-ha...move playhead to starting point....select playhead position timecode in upper left part of timeline..hit +1500 enter and ..dang why didn't I know that.......
thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: display duration of clip in time line
by on Apr 7, 2015 at 1:16:29 pm

Hover the mouse over the clip,
Clip Name, Start, End and Duration will appear in a pop-up tag.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

by on Apr 7, 2015 at 8:38:16 pm

to make my editing life easier I make the slate add 30 frames of black....mark in and set a duration for the length of the spot..then add black at the topmost layer after that duration....this makes me a window to edit within and I can let clips and text hang over and the black at the end covers that up. makes life easier.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]