ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Can you change the Column View from the Media Browser when looking inside another premiere project?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon RossCan you change the Column View from the Media Browser when looking inside another premiere project?
by on Apr 6, 2015 at 10:47:07 pm

I'm wondering if this option is available, and/or if premiere is just being glitchy.

I work at a post house with multiple editors. When we need to frankenbite some interviews, we're constantly looking for timecodes from various projects or bins that aren't within our current project.

We have a Source Master project on the shared storage, that has all interviews in it, and so it should be easy to find the day and go to say hour 8 from Day3 Episode 7 and find what we're looking for. however once we load up the bin with the correct clips in the Media Browser, we only have the option of (Comment, Frame Rate, Frame Size, Audio Sample Rate, and Duration)

I've noticed that when your not "within" a project in media browser, then you are able to modify the column data when clicking on the Fast Menu in the Media Browser Tab. However it seems to revert to some "other" column settings the minute you step into a premiere project, which means using that projects bin organization becomes useless.

Is this a premiere bug? Is this the way it was meant to work?

The current work around is to make a temporary bin in the project you want to "load" that clip into. Copy all the clips in. Then sort by Media start in order to find the clip. Then delete all the other clips not being used. As you can imagine, If you have 40-50 interview clips that becomes a messy work around.

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: Can you change the Column View from the Media Browser when looking inside another premiere project?
by on Apr 7, 2015 at 2:00:11 am

It is more of a limitation of the current implementation. Each file type (viewed via Directory Viewer in the Media Browser) has a number of column options, with different possibilities. For Projects, the Directory Viewer is currently limited to displaying Name, Comment, Frame rate, Frame Size, Audio Sample Rate and Duration.

That said, please feel free to submit a feature request to let us know what other columns you would like to be enabled for Projects.
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

The only other option I could think of would require you to view your files (within Media Browser) outside of a Project. eg: go to the directory that contains the files and set Directory Viewer (top right eyeball menu) to File Directory for the greatest amount of options (or other file types). You could then Edit Columns and choose the add or disable column options.

And... I realize that depending on how your files are organized on your storage device, this may or may not be fit your needs.

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Jon RossRe: Can you change the Column View from the Media Browser when looking inside another premiere project?
by on Apr 7, 2015 at 3:45:55 pm

Thanks Trent,

I'll submit that request (with a few others) to the feature request.

Unfortunately the one detail I left out is that these bites are multicams, so I need to look at them from within a premiere project.

While pointing Media Browser to the source files might be an option for some clips, I would need to be able to quickly relate that to the multiclip that houses it, which might prove more troublesome then my current work around.

Thanks again,

JON

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]