ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro: Offline/Online editing - multicam sequence - XDCAM HD - How to online?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
trine olsenPremiere Pro: Offline/Online editing - multicam sequence - XDCAM HD - How to online?
by on Apr 6, 2015 at 11:08:30 am

Hi!

I'm currently working on a tv-show where part of it is 1,5 hour of multicam in studio, with 5 xdcam hd cameras. It works to import them into Adobe Premiere without transcoding, but sometimes the multicam-sequence is REALLY slow and jumpy. So I'm thinking about importing offline files with a smaller size.

But how is this going to work when it's time to export the multicam-sequence to grading? (someone else is doing the grading) I know that with normal clips, you can click on "replace clip", but does it work the same way with a multicam sequence?

thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

David PowellRe: Premiere Pro: Offline/Online editing - multicam sequence - XDCAM HD - How to online?
by on Apr 6, 2015 at 5:54:17 pm

Transcode the the clips to a proxy format. Then right click your source clips in the bin. Make offline. Rightclick again and relink to the proxy clips. After the cut do the same exact process and relink back to the original clips. These changes will ripple through your Multiclip sequence.

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: Premiere Pro: Offline/Online editing - multicam sequence - XDCAM HD - How to online?
by on Apr 6, 2015 at 9:47:36 pm

I second that suggestion. XDcam is great for footage but taxes your graphics with more than 4 cameras. Proxies aid in that.

Another alternative is to set up your previews. Render the whole thing to previews that are lower res and compressed to save processing. The downside: You have to do this several times throughout the process and it takes a while to do initially. If you are doing multicam, it will render the current cameras, and you'll have to render every time you switch one.

Answer: Stick to proxy formats when multicaming.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]