ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Export all audio to left and VO to right

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmi FentonExport all audio to left and VO to right
by on Apr 3, 2015 at 3:40:22 am

I feel as though this should be an easy fix, but I haven't found it yet.

I'm in a sequence with 10 tracks of audio, one of which is the VO track. I need to export a file with 9 of those tracks exclusively on the left channel, and the VO to the right. I've played around in Modify> AudioChannels, and can't seem to crack it.

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: Export all audio to left and VO to right
by on Apr 3, 2015 at 8:12:44 am

Open the audio effects for each track (effects controls should have a few shell mods already there for audio). You can go to the Pan controls and set the directional of any STANDARD track to right\left. Move to right, you get right, move to left you go left (it's a slider). This control needs to have Keys, so, key the first frame, pan it. Do this for each track for where you want it to be.

Alternatively, send them each to audition, save a file for each track, and then edit the entirety in a multitrack session using copy paste to place them each into their own track in the session. Now use the pan control and balance left right for each track to get your desired audio mix, save the session, then, mix it down. Save the file to a 48k 16bit file and pray it's less than 4gb. If not, reopen the session, save it as a .MOV or similar sound only movie file in full format. Import that file into your project in premiere, and lay it as a new track, then silence the others by turning them off. Play it and make sure it sounds right. You should be done. This is a way to balance a little more directly, and get it as perfect as possible. Using the premiere pan is a one at a time job, and is harder to solo and then preview the effect on the total audio... It's just easier to do in audition. However, premier likes PCM or WAV and WAV is limited to 4gb, while PCM wrapped in a transport or movie container doesn't really have a file size limit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved