ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

video from USB thumb drive directly to TV?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberryvideo from USB thumb drive directly to TV?
by on Apr 2, 2015 at 10:01:04 pm

Howdy...i have a client wanting not a DVD, but the video put on a USB drive that will insert right into a TV. I've not seen or done this yet, and wonder what codec would work best? Anyone? Also wondering how that even works. When they insert the drive, does a menu show up on the TV screen? I'm feeling old and behind the times...

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3 / Adobe CC
3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: video from USB thumb drive directly to TV?
by on Apr 2, 2015 at 10:30:11 pm

Hi Tad -

Yes indeed, it really does work. It was a wake up call for me a couple of months ago when a producer asked my to create an animation to use on a USB stick as a background for standups in a remote news bureau. We had Samsung monitors across the board, so Samsungs are my only experience.

I encoded the video loop as .mp4 (having checked in the manual for what flavors were ok), plugged the USB in to the side of the TV, and up popped a menu allowing me to choose the file to play. Bingo! It worked like a charm! The only caveat I have is that the loop setting wasn't always perfect, so I encoded a loop that ran for 20 minutes, knowing that it would cover any cut-in we might do without glitching.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

tad newberryRe: video from USB thumb drive directly to TV?
by on Apr 2, 2015 at 11:00:14 pm

Great! Thanks for the quick reply, Joseph! So from whence does that menu originate, wonders my old brain???? Oh well...i'll just do an mp4 and give it to him to try (i dont' even have a way to test it on anything here in my pre-2012 technology house/office/"studio")

FCS3 / Adobe CC
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: video from USB thumb drive directly to TV?
by on Apr 2, 2015 at 11:03:08 pm

The menu just pops up when you insert the USB drive - at least on the Samsung I tested it with.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

tad newberryRe: video from USB thumb drive directly to TV?
by on Apr 2, 2015 at 11:40:19 pm

oh ya...and you mentioned looping. my DVD is looping, and so how do you make a file on a stick loop? is there a function for that on the menu?

FCS3 / Adobe CC
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: video from USB thumb drive directly to TV?
by on Apr 3, 2015 at 3:41:34 am

If you use encore to make an F4V file, you can simulate a DVD\blu-ray in a usb drive, and you can wrap the same files into an F4V, setting the timeline end action to go back to the first chapter or marker you set in your encore timeline, or use link back here, which should play a loop of your video. Export that, place on the drive, and pop into your TV or set-top player usb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]