ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Panasonic AJ-SD93 Compatible to export using Premiere Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Mark NuñezPanasonic AJ-SD93 Compatible to export using Premiere Pro?
by on Apr 2, 2015 at 8:50:26 pm

I'm Anthony,

I'm a video editor from the Philippines, running my small start - up video editing suite from my home and I am thinking about purchasing a Panasonic AJ-SD93 so I could also dub out video projects for my future clients.

My editing workstation is a PC and I use Adobe Premiere Pro 7. I hope some of you have professional first hand experiences and could offer opinions on the compatibility of these decks on Premiere, and I would like to find out your recommendations and suggestions if I should purchase an alternate deck. My budget is only for AJ-SD models and AJ-SD95 seems to fit the bill. I have also read a lot of forums and so far, members offered the most knowledgeable and informative answers to forum question/topic such as this.

Thank you and hoping to hear from you guys soon :)

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: Panasonic AJ-SD93 Compatible to export using Premiere Pro?
by on Apr 3, 2015 at 9:50:01 am

As far as capture goes, you should be able to do a Live capture with that deck. However, I don't know how the controls would fare in later machines (the software based ones). It would be able to capture the dub, though. Get a big enough drive to hold that on, and you're golden. I also recommend getting a GUI for x.264 streams if you decide to do blu-ray encoding. You'll be able to use encore and output to x.264 with an AVCHD style x264 raw stream, that encore will recognize, and you can output higher quality video. Other than that, I suggest you remember to use full format files to compress, while using proxies to edit.
When you capture, capture to h264 or the like with a variable high Bit rate (20-30 on max, target 25). When you've captured, use an AVC intra or similar codec to blow it up to full format, then link that in premiere when you're ready to output a file, and output that full format type first, before compressing it down (the algorithm is faster, more accurate, and gets better quality).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved