ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Saving bin layouts

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob PierceSaving bin layouts
by on Apr 1, 2015 at 7:28:56 pm

I'd trying to figure out how to recreate bin layouts without starting from scratch every time. For example, while logging interviews I like to have a thumbnail, then a large window showing "description" (where I enter notes about the interview), and then media start and end time.

This is one of those things that FCP had from day one. Any ideas?

Robert Pierce
Director of Photography • Editor

Return to posts index

Bob PierceRe: Saving bin layouts
by on Apr 3, 2015 at 1:42:00 pm

For anyone who's interested I figured this out. Premiere allows the saving of "metadata display", which is available from the project pulldown. This allows you to customize which columns are visible in a given window and can be saved as a preset. This doesn't allow the ordering of the columns.

The ordering of columns is something that can be saved along with your workspace setting.

For this, you can order things you want in the project window, save it as a workspace. From then on, bins created in the project window will follow the metadata display and column order of the project window.

Finally I can log my media using bins.

Of course, this is anything but ideal - why would you want your project window and bins to have the same layout? We should really have bin layouts as a separate preset.

Robert Pierce
Director of Photography • Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved