ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Project Manager Consolidate and Transcode...can't with DVCPRO HD footage

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don FyffeProject Manager Consolidate and Transcode...can't with DVCPRO HD footage
by on Mar 31, 2015 at 7:20:01 pm

I have called Adobe tech support twice and they tell me that my problem is asking too much of Project Manager's transcode function. I can't believe it!

I have a project all shot on an HDX-900. I bring the MFX files onto the timeline. I then go to Project Manager, and tell it to consolidate and transcode. My setting are set for "Preset, Quicktime, and Apple ProRes 422-HD 1080p 23.976.

I get an error message that says, "Some clips have frame size, frame rates, field types and/or aspect ratios different from the selected preset. These clips will be copied in their original format to the resulting project."

I can't get it to create me a QuickTime movie.

What's weird is I can export a clip off the timeline with the Apple ProRes 422-HD 1080p 23.976 preset and it will do it. Also, in Project Manager transcode, I can get it to work using the presort ProRes 422, which outputs the frame rate at 29.97. But again, I can't get it to output with the preset for 23.98!

I can't believe this is actually the case.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks in advance!

e-Motionally Editing Don

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: Project Manager Consolidate and Transcode...can't with DVCPRO HD footage
by on Mar 31, 2015 at 9:38:58 pm
Last Edited By Trent Happel on Mar 31, 2015 at 10:11:48 pm

Unfortunately, Consolidate and Transcode does not currently support 24p pulldown clips, as none of our exporters support this. This is why you receive the warning message and the clips are copied.

Getting 29.97 with a ProRes or any other preset is an open issue and is not the expected behavior.

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]