ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro exports corrupt file

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zoltán KirályPremiere Pro exports corrupt file
by on Mar 31, 2015 at 3:12:25 am

Hello!

I'm using Premiere Pro CS6 and Windows 7. Having finished an editing project I attempted to export it using h264. The export completed, however my player (I use VLC) couldn't play the file back, said it couldn't detect the format. I have used the same camera with the same settings as with numerous projects before and used the same settings for exporting.
Later I tried to use a different compression and exported an avi file. This worked but the file size was too large and the video quality was too low for use.

Any ideas what might have gone wrong and how to fix the problem?

Thank you,
zoliking

Return to posts index

Jason AgnewRe: Premiere Pro exports corrupt file
by on Mar 31, 2015 at 7:00:01 am

Have you tried to export other formats just to see? Also, try to render out a section, not the whole video. I have encountered issues where it choked up about 15 minutes into a 30 minute program. But the minute I split it into 2 files, it's was fine.

-jason

Return to posts index

Zoltán KirályRe: Premiere Pro exports corrupt file
by on Mar 31, 2015 at 3:01:31 pm

Thank you for your response. As my original message indicates I did manage to export in a different format, only the results weren't of acceptable quality and size.
The legth of the entire project is less than 10 minutes. I will try to export it in parts and post the results.

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: Premiere Pro exports corrupt file
by on Apr 7, 2015 at 12:55:24 am

Check your drives for errors. Bad blocks or formatting errors can play a part in video file problems. Then try another export, just as before. Set up your output to go to an internal location, that you have full access to. Then play it back. If the same problem occurs, your h264 codec is corrupt. Uninstall media encoder (or the whole suite) and reinstall.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 8, 2015 at 12:00:52 pm

Thank you for the response. The problem has since been... well, not resolved. It just disappeared. I tried the same export a few days later and it worked.

Return to posts index

Marvin MackRe: Premiere Pro exports corrupt file
by on Apr 9, 2015 at 8:00:18 pm

if you don't mind could you please share your export settings?

Return to posts index

by on Apr 10, 2015 at 6:46:25 am

Please add the following to a message:

Did you reset\reboot at all? How many times? Did you try a disk check?
What were your final settings that worked? Try saving the export settings to a file, and see if you can upload it here. It would help to prevent any problem in the future.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 10, 2015 at 8:59:26 pm

Yes, I rebooted between the failed and the successful attempts, maybe more than once. I didn't try the disk check. I was using the 1080p 23.976fps preset for h264 that comes with Premiere.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 10, 2015 at 10:39:57 pm

Presets are meant to be adjusted slightly... ...but that's not for this conversation.

IF you rebooted and it worked, I suspect certain issues with file access or perhaps disk reads. Run a check at your earliest convenience.

Also, look up how to set your page file to an automatic setting. This works great as of late in windows. Also look up how to schedule tasks in the system. On any windows Machine, I recommend you run an auto-restart on a "Day Off" with a disk check scheduled every 2-4 weeks on drives that are in constant use, and at least every 2 months on your internal system drive.
Mac is always auto for page file, but on earlier macs with anything but an i5 or greater, it lags a bit. If on a mac, turn off anything that accesses your disks for diagnostic monitoring; this has been causing problems with AME and Premiere lately. Run your disk checks for permissions regularly, and do a full repair once every 2 months on your main system. I format other disks with alternative file systems, and if you do, look up the linux or terminal command for running the checks on it. That will allow you to even schedule the check through automator for your alternate drives by running the terminal command.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 11, 2015 at 6:12:21 am

Thank you very much for the advice, I will do this from now on.

Return to posts index

George GausiRe: Premiere Pro exports corrupt file
by on Jan 14, 2016 at 11:11:55 am

i had the same problem i just tried rendering b4 exporting the project it worked for me as for my settings i use those of my video clip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]