ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio rendering problem, can't export- hundreds of hours, audio preview files hundreds of gigs

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erin Chan
Audio rendering problem, can't export- hundreds of hours, audio preview files hundreds of gigs
on Mar 29, 2015 at 7:33:43 pm

Hi,

I'm working on a feature doc and trying to render and export about 4 hours of material. Please advise.

Premiere Pro CC 8.2.0 (65) Build

Mac Pro 3.2 GHz Quad Core Intel

16GB 1066 MHz DDr3

OSX 10.8.5

The sequence is mixed media, this is a doc with numerous cameras and formats. Most of the footage is in multicam clips. I am able to play back OK and the video rendered in about 4 hours. Fine. But when I try and export audio, the process of generating preview files for export is unbelievably slow. I let it render for 4 hours and it got to 0.5% and created 350 gigs of preview files, larger than the picture files!!! There must be a problem with my settings or the software because this cannot be right. This is my first premiere project (after 10 years of FCP) and would greatly appreciate any advice.

I have tried:

cleaning the media cache

starting a new project with just the export sequence

restarting PPCC and the computer of course

rendering and exporting smaller sections of the timeline (ten minute chunks)

making a new sequence with multitrack audio instead of stereo playback. This allowed me to render the audio in about 1 hour- great! But when I tried to export (using an adobe preset for vimeo) it crashed. When I re-opened the project it is now back to saying it will take about 300 hours to render the same audio.

I've tried flattening the multicam, but this removes a large number of the audio files completely from the sequence. The selections I made in the multicam tracks in the sequence are not reflected in what is left of the flattened audio.

Return to posts index

Ht Davis
Re: Audio rendering problem, can't export- hundreds of hours, audio preview files hundreds of gigs
on Mar 29, 2015 at 11:40:18 pm

When you multi cam the video, do you multi cam the audio or is it all one audio stream?

When you multi cam, it combines all the audio in the nested track, unless you turn off audio streams in your original sequence, which can have unexpected effects.

When you multi cam the video, Alt\rightclick the audio and select multi cam>enable. Make sure you've left all video and audio tracks on in the original.

Now...

Dupe the audio track once for every cam you've got that you want to "Multitrack". altRightclick each one and select which CAM (under multi cam) or video track# it was associated with in the original sequence. When you multi cam, now, you can have the audio follow the video, or you can edit mark the audio to clip in certain areas and make the "multitrack" changes. Make sure you DELETE unused Audio Data, and that you render out a small work area at a time. Alternatively, you can change audio within a track by edit marking and area, alt\rightclick and select the audio (camera) track you want; just remember to put in some kind of transition at the edit mark. Again, remember to render small work areas at a time before you do a full render.

Return to posts index

Ht Davis
Re: Audio rendering problem, can't export- hundreds of hours, audio preview files hundreds of gigs
on Apr 3, 2015 at 4:41:33 am

Just another note:
You can separate your audio and video preview files across devices. You can set up several RAID drives, and have one hold video previews while the other holds audio previews.

It sounds like you are rendering an entire work area. DO you need to see the entirety of the work area rendered, or just a few small sections? IF so, you can use the top slider to shorten the render operation to only the areas that need to be rendered for viewing (like where you place an effect). IF you render the entire work area, you will take up a lot of space quickly and unnecessarily. Make that top slider fit just a few frames around the outside of each area you've got to render out (i.e., where a camera changes, cuts, or transitions; or where audio changes, etc). Do this only every 2 or three edits, and only around the edited areas unless you want to check output. When checking output, EXPORT the project, don't render it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]