ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Prelude to Premiere (with 60p subclips)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris MathewsPrelude to Premiere (with 60p subclips)
by on Mar 29, 2015 at 1:47:08 pm
Last Edited By Chris Mathews on Mar 29, 2015 at 1:53:31 pm

I am working with 60p footage for the first time and typically my workflow for footage is to go to Adobe Prelude and create subclips, then I send those subclips to Premiere for editing. With the 60p subclips, I get them into Premiere and I then need to conform them to 23.976 for editing as slowmo footage, problem is that the conforming changes the timing location on the subclip, my in/out is no longer valid.

I assume I need to conform my footage at the Prelude side, so that I can find my in/out on the slowmo version. I can't find anywhere to do that though. Or maybe I can't use Prelude like this?

Any help is very much appreciated. I hope I put this in the right thread, could not find one for Adobe Prelude.

Chris Mathews

Return to posts index

Chris MathewsRe: Prelude to Premiere (with 60p subclips)
by on Mar 29, 2015 at 2:09:43 pm

I may have answered my own question. Just read that an alternative to conforming is to just change the speed/duration of the clip to 40%, which seems to do the same thing, and keeps my subclips' in/out that I had set.

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: Prelude to Premiere (with 60p subclips)
by on Mar 29, 2015 at 11:48:19 pm

Sounds about right to me.

Just remember, though, your audio will be slower as well, and it will probably need some work.

If done with action shots, you can drop most of the lower volume audio, then any louder audio can be amped. If done with speech, you could adjust the pitch to normalize or denormalize to get the effect right for the emotion of the clip.

I also use twixtor for a second or two of motion correction in slowmo.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved