ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Uninstalled plugin yet Premiere still looks for the files and prompts error upon not finding any... O_o?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oma BeUninstalled plugin yet Premiere still looks for the files and prompts error upon not finding any... O_o?
by on Mar 28, 2015 at 3:28:08 am
Last Edited By Oma Be on Mar 28, 2015 at 3:28:22 am

Hi there.
I posted part of the issue on the plugin in question's thread. I am posting it here too since I'm not sure whether the source of the problem is the plug-in or premiere in itself.

The plug-in in question is GenArts Sapphire 7. I recently installed it but having noticed it has considerably slowed down my computer especially while having Premiere open, I decided to uninstall it since I don't need it that much in the projects I'm currently working on.

Thing is, even after uninstalling it along with remnants files here and there ( I had to look folder by folder)the S_****.aex files (S_ = Sapphire) still appear in the splash screen and then I get a prompt saying :

"Can't open Sapphire DLL c:/Program Files(x86)/GenArts/SapphireAE/lib64/sapphire_ae.dll; The specified module
could not be found. (126). Please reinstall Sapphire Plug-ins"

I press OK and it keeps coming back.. clearly I have to re-install... but I still don't understand why it does prompt if I've uninstalled it..

If anyone of you know what's going on, please let me know :)

Cheers

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Uninstalled plugin yet Premiere still looks for the files and prompts error upon not finding any... O_o?
by on Mar 28, 2015 at 5:51:06 pm

Is the filter applied to any clips in your project? If so you'll always get that message.

Whenever you have a filter in use in a project and it's not on your system that type of error will always pop up.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]