ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Moving a multicam Premiere Pro project to work on another computer - multicam sequence appears broken.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Masie Emmerson
Moving a multicam Premiere Pro project to work on another computer - multicam sequence appears broken.
on Mar 27, 2015 at 11:47:02 am

I am attempting to work on a project which a colleague has chopped for me. We have used the project manager to run through and export the project from one machine to an external hard drive and I have attempted to open the project in Premiere Pro project on another machine, only to find that the sequence appears to be broken.
All of the media appears in the project bin, but only some of the multicam sequence shows video. As you can see from the screen shot, the rest appears blank with a blank screen and no audio.
The A2 track is a separate commentary track, so not recorded from the cameras.

This is driving me insane and is so frustrating that it's unreal. The media is clearly there but only shows before the first angle change.
I really need to get this sorted as it's slowing turnaround for all projects down.

Many thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Ht Davis
Re: Moving a multicam Premiere Pro project to work on another computer - multicam sequence appears broken.
on Mar 29, 2015 at 7:44:42 am

Did you try a render?
Did you manually relink the media yourself?

Did you open the original sequence and check the media there? Render it?

If you said no to any of these try that.
If you said no to all of these, Work backwards through them to save time. You may need to reenable multi cam as well.

I never use that function personally. I've found it creates all sorts of problems.
I keep my files on Disk Images. I can move these at my leisure, and split\archive them to optical media when finished. Let me explain...
I have a standard disk image I built with a folder structure I've edited as needed. I either dupe this image or create a larger one, then copy the folders to it. Then I go to work. When I want my project to move, I move the disk image. It holds everything but my caches usually, and sometimes I leave out the preview files as well. I do it myself. I get it done right.
I use Daemon Tools or the like when in Windows, and Mac has this right in the system, so I never worry about this kind of thing happening. I never have to relink either, unless I cross system boundaries, which means I have to serenader previews as well. It does depend on the size of your project. In theory, if your output matches the length of your total input, you should need just over twice your input size if you work in lossless formats and output the same format you input. Always use compressed previews; uses about 120th to 1\10th of the space of your output.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]