ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Adding hyperlinks embedded in video

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david hareAdding hyperlinks embedded in video
by on Mar 26, 2015 at 3:28:58 pm

Hi i have been asked by a client if i can take the video they have made and export it to a flash file. This is simple enough but they would like to have hidden hyperlinks throughout the video. What they want is for someone to be able to watch the video but when the mouse hovers over it at certain points they would like a disciption and hyperlink to apper. Is this possible?

Return to posts index

Sibel ZivyRe: Adding hyperlinks embedded in video
by on Mar 26, 2015 at 5:35:14 pm

This is something I'd love to learn if it were possible !

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: Adding hyperlinks embedded in video
by on Mar 26, 2015 at 10:15:26 pm

You've got to know flash for this to work properly, and you'd have to do most of this with AE.

Here's what I'd start with:
place the video in AE, make a comp, place video in Comp, precompose.
For each area they want to highlight and make clickable, you'll need to have a TRANSPARENT overlay layer object that has the flash script attached, and it will have to conform to shape (rotoscoping here to move the object as the video plays). If there are multiple areas in the same video frame, it gets even more interesting (as in you won't be sleeping much for the next couple of weeks). Since they want each of these to actually show a hyperlink, you may want to build the object into it's own comp first, add the hyperlink to its initial shape, add that all to your primary comp and rotoscope. Export\link to Flash encoder, and set the actions of each of those layers to open a page when clicked.

Premiere only has the Flash MARKER, which will allow you to open a webpage, but not with a mouseover.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved