ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

3 questions concerning multicam editing in Premiere Pro CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Crispi3 questions concerning multicam editing in Premiere Pro CC
by on Mar 26, 2015 at 9:18:25 am
Last Edited By Gabriel Crispi on Mar 26, 2015 at 10:48:53 am

Hello everyone !

3 questions concerning multicam editing in Premiere Pro. I'm using the CC version 8.2

- After I merged a clip, because of visual render issues, is it possible to go back to a multicam clip in order to change the camera I used ? If it is possible, how do i manage to do it ?

- Can the software mark the clips I used more than one time in the timeline? I know FCP7 can do it, but I don't know for PP CC.

- Finally, less important, is there a easier way to go from my multicam vu to composite video, without having to click in the program monitor ?

Thank you very much in advance !

Gabriel Crispi

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: 3 questions concerning multicam editing in Premiere Pro CC
by on Mar 26, 2015 at 6:27:54 pm

Answer 1:
Multicam edits are like this--->there is an edit mark where you want to change cameras, but that edit mark is just an edit mark. 2 workflows here. Manual and full auto. Full auto allows you to hit the multi cam recorder (basically a script that plays the sequence waiting for you to click to change the cams); manual is done by enclosing an area with edit marks, right click that clip, and go to multicam>Camera# where Camera# corresponds to the video track from your multi camera sequence you nested, and Audio # corresponds to the audio in your current sequence. Because they are just handled as edits and they are AUTO run in a script, you can easily move the edit mark, remove the edit mark, or even place marks that don't go to new cameras but allow you to add effects to an area. So of course you can go back to the multi camera container, make edits, and come back and change the edits in your main output sequence.
Answer 2:
See answer 1. You can make any edit mark you want. You have to tell it when you want to change cameras between marks, but it's a right click op that's so easy my 5 yr old nephew's done it when he visits.
Answer 3:
Not really. If you know the key presses for your system that allow you to go to the next panel, you might be able to jump around to the monitor you need, but, there's no effectively easier way natively. If there's a key press you can come up with that would work with the adobe JAVASCRIPT libraries, you might make a request of a javascript or adobe script capable friend. Personally, I'd really like to have one as well.

Return to posts index

Gabriel CrispiRe: 3 questions concerning multicam editing in Premiere Pro CC
by on Apr 2, 2015 at 2:10:50 pm

Thanks for your answers HT Davis ! But I think I really didn't explain myself correctly.

The first question was, after I flattened a multicam clip, is it possible to comeback to a "non-flattened" clip in order to change the cam I used ?

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: 3 questions concerning multicam editing in Premiere Pro CC
by on Apr 3, 2015 at 10:50:45 pm

in CS6 there was no flattening, you just disabled the multi cam. In CC they allowed you to flatten, which means it is locked.

You can select the rest and copy to a new sequence, then re-nest your multi cam in a separate sequence, and cut out the piece you need, copy that to your new sequence with all the rest, and then re-enable the multi cam on it. Only way I know to do it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]