ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro - Link Media not working correctly

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arvind SondPremiere Pro - Link Media not working correctly
by on Mar 25, 2015 at 11:29:18 pm

Hi guys, quick question about Link Media. I have 6 folders in my bin, Day_001,002,003 and Day 1,2,3
Basically I need the MXF files in the 001-3 folders to be replaced with the MOV files in the 1,2,3 folders.
I cant seem to get it to work with Link Media.
I am right clicking on the 001-3 folders and selecting offline media (keep files on disk) option.
All the media from the folder in the timeline goes red. So I select the folder (and I have tried selecting the offline media in the timeline) then I click on Link Media. I browse to the 1-3 folders and untick 'match extension' option.
It finds the media ok (no error messages appear) but all the clips in the timeline still read MXF???

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: Premiere Pro - Link Media not working correctly
by on Mar 30, 2015 at 2:46:23 am

This should only be done when ready to output. Your videos have changed for source, so the sequence previews no longer match the source. If you are happy with your previewed work, you can render out a final file, if not, stick with your proxies. Otherwise you will have to render again.
This is not a malfunction. When you are ready for output, you export in premiere or AME, and have the option to use previews (rendered i-frames) to build the final file. If those don't match the quality of the master video, there will be problems in the final file (skips maybe, short blurs or pixelations etc, all because the color\chroma\luma\noise may not match perfectly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved