ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

PPCC 2014 not showing up at the Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberryPPCC 2014 not showing up at the Cloud
by on Mar 25, 2015 at 9:25:58 pm

Frustrating day. Trying to edit some DVD content, though i know PP can't work with VOBs...so went to Streamclip, and somehow or another i no longer have the little mpeg-2 plug in, so that didn't help, then i heard PPCC 2014 will work with VOBs (i've been using just PP CC).

i went to the Cloud loud to download it...and it's not there. wut up?

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3 / Adobe CC
3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: PPCC 2014 not showing up at the Cloud
by on Mar 26, 2015 at 3:29:24 am

Try duplicating the VOBs and changing the extension to .mpg. Had to do that just today. Worked like a charm.

Return to posts index

tad newberryRe: PPCC 2014 not showing up at the Cloud
by on Mar 26, 2015 at 4:33:41 pm

well, yesterday i got on the Adobe tech support chat line, a guy there took control of my screen and did "something" (though i couldn't tell what), and then all the cloud menu options worked normally.

i downloaded PPCC2014, and it did a great job of importing the FOB files from ONE DVD fine (WITH audio!) onto the timeline. Cool beans! i then exported it as a QT, then opened PPCC and imported it no problem.

Now with a second DVD...it's not working! Really strange. I've done everything the same. Even tried your idea of changing ".FOB" to ".mpg". THAT works great and plays back with sound in Finder, but as soon as i import it to PPCC2014...there is no sound again.

Any ideas? This seems very strange. My last resort is to just record the DVD into my system via RCA cables and my trusty ol' Canopus converter box...but i'm surprised it's this difficult to get DVD content into Premiere. Thanks for you help, though!

;-)

FCS3 / Adobe CC
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870

Return to posts index

by on Mar 26, 2015 at 4:39:09 pm

Try opening one of those .mpg files in AE. I've done that before and it worked. Exported just the audio from AE and synced it back up in PPro.

Total rubber band and baling wire work around, I know! I figured all this out years ago when DVDs were flying in from all over the place and it seemed no two were ever the same. Desperate measures for sure, but it got the job done.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 26, 2015 at 4:49:47 pm

thanks for the workaround, Paul, but there are many small clips on this DVD and that would probably take longer than just ripping it via the Canopus box. Doesn't it seem odd that Premiere can do this natively???

FCS3 / Adobe CC
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870

Return to posts index

by on Mar 26, 2015 at 5:38:58 pm

Eureka! (sort of) Before trying Canopus, i tried a conversion in QT Player (v 10)..and it worked! So, here was my workaround:

in Finder, i changed all .VOBs to .mpg. Open in QT Player, export as 480p, and those loaded WITH sound on the PPCC timeline. done. bam. a little tedious, but successful.

FCS3 / Adobe CC
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870

Return to posts index

by on Mar 26, 2015 at 7:43:14 pm

There's always like one more piece of software already on your box just waiting to save your butt.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]