ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro to After Effects Pipeline er.. blockage..?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark FrancombePremiere Pro to After Effects Pipeline er.. blockage..?
by on Mar 24, 2015 at 12:12:00 pm

Hi as one of the many who came to P Pro from Final Cut, I was looking forward to the nice "select on the timeline and replace with after effects composition pipeline"

Although my initial tests worked flawlessly, I find that now, in a project, that seems to be less than the case.
The issue is.. RENDERING! Weirdly.. the second time..

Heres the story..
I select a few layers in P Pro, right click and "replace in After Effects Comp" It prompts me to save a name, and AE opens...
I do my wizardry there and save.. back in P Pro... the section is replaced by one layer (Shame it doesn't keep my originals but mute them, but still, easy workaround for that) and there it is.. magic.. oh wait.. the render line is red.. OK.. no biggie
I render it... takes a little time, but prob no longer than rendering in AE and dragging that clip in to the timeline (the good old FCP > AE > FCP pipeline)

But then... I need to make a change in the AE.. I either just go back to AE and do it... OR I can right click on the AE placeholder in P Pro and "Edit Original"

I do MORE wizardry..

But now.. back in P Pro... rendering THAT, which is exactly the same clip as before, no additions, just tweaks... TAKE FOREVER TO RENDER... a 2 minute render before reports 2 hours now... obviously I cancel.

Thats my question..

I should say, but IM sure this doesn't affect anything, that I am using THE SAME AE project for all my bits in this project, every new clip I "SEND TO AE" appears in the same AE project. (Unless i haven't got it open, in which case it makes a new one, annoying... Id like one or another approach, but not a problem.

Could it be that EVERY CLIP I send to AE should be in a new Project?
Then Id have to close AE after every shot.
My old FCP approach was to have ONE AE project per FCP project, just tidily arranged with folders and a new comp for every effect shot. This did make for a hefty project file, but not really as all the footage was external, and sure did keep my project files tidy!

WHats up here, is this simply a bug...

For the record Ive gone back to my old way, that of rendering out every AE comp and reimporting it into the P Pro project ON TOP of the original clips that were sent there... lumpy,. but works...

Mark Francombe

Boss Creative

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved