ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

MP$ Into Premier CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack HoltMP$ Into Premier CS6
by on Mar 21, 2015 at 6:02:51 am

Hey Gurus I've just shot a seminar, three cameras, Cannon's reasonably new XA20HD's. File format 1920X1080 MP4 17mbs 25 frames. Am running PremProCS6. I import the files into Prem, they come in ok but will not display. Got a yellow bar and a yellow Media Pending screen. What the? Have to cut this stuff soon! Wont even import into Media Encoder. Says there are no usable streams in the media! Just saw a podcast title about stress in the editing business. Better listen to the one! Any help would be most appreciated. J.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: MP$ Into Premier CS6
by on Mar 21, 2015 at 6:57:24 pm

Will the files open in another media player on your computer?

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: MP$ Into Premier CS6
by on Mar 21, 2015 at 7:06:54 pm

Sounds like you're generating peak audio waveforms or conforming the audio. If you came from Avid or FCP, transcoding was/is mandatory. In Premiere Pro, that's not the case generally. However, we assume that you want to have an visually accurate waveform, so we generate the waveform which takes a few moments depending on the length of the media. If the audio is compressed, we will convert it to uncompressed in order to provide the waveform and good scrubbing.

Also, make sure you're using the Media Browser to import your footage. If you're using Cmd/Ctrl+I, take a look at the MB - it will open your eyes to browsing on file-based cameras!

Lastly, if there is a display problem on PC, make sure you're using NVIDIA drivers and not Windows 7. If on the Mac, make sure you're on the latest OS and if you have an NVIDIA card on your system, take a look at CUDA for MAC.

Hopefully, some of this helps...

Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

Jack HoltRe: MP$ Into Premier CS6
by on Mar 23, 2015 at 5:15:47 am

Hey Thanks Dennis.
Guess what I tried?
The file extension from the camera copy was .MP4
I changed the file extensions on the rushes to .MPG4 and guess what, they imported and preview cut fine now.

Dag namit! Just goes to show thinking outside the box can pay off.
I just tried the media importer and that worked with the old extension so double win.
Thanks for your reply.

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: MP$ Into Premier CS6
by on Mar 30, 2015 at 9:56:46 am

I always image the camera memory.
Some cameras have that problem where the files need the rest of the structure. Some cameras store in a file format that doesn't meet the current standard of the extension they use. The best way to work with them is to try several different programs to read from a disk image, and see if the image itself has the excess data for reading the formatting.
Or you can play with the file extensions and pray... ...that sometimes works...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved