ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Show Time stamp in Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Hiebert
Show Time stamp in Premiere
on Mar 21, 2015 at 1:41:20 am

I am doing some video court reporting. I need to show the embedded Day/Time on the final video output. As this is legal video, it can't be something I've added afterwards. It must be from the metadata. I have an old mini-Dv camera that embeds the time right onto the tape itself. This is the way I used to do it, but this project requires the footage to be HD. I also have an AVCHD camera that gives me the option to show the time stamp on playback, but I don't want to have to capture hours of info at real time. How can I get the information that I think is already in the file to show up in premiere?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Show Time stamp in Premiere
on Mar 21, 2015 at 3:45:09 am

You can use the timecode plugin and the pick the "media" option which will basically show the time from the original footage.

You can also do that in the media export window, first tab.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Dave Hiebert
on Mar 21, 2015 at 1:47:55 pm

Yes, I can do that to get the timcode....what I need is the Day/Time stamp.

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
on Mar 21, 2015 at 2:23:43 pm

I doubt you'll be able to display the date in Premiere. the only way I can see this happening is capturing the output of the camera it was shot in with the overlay turned on. What about using that camera in court and sending the overlay to screen?

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Mar 21, 2015 at 4:06:42 pm

Resolve can burn a date stamp if the file has date metadata.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Mar 21, 2015 at 6:38:46 pm

… and of course the correct time and date would have been set in the camera when the recording was done… right?

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Mar 22, 2015 at 10:49:12 am

To be honest here, I don't know of a way to do that in Premiere Pro CC 8.2.

I would do a record with the date timestamp burned in.

Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

Dave Hiebert
on Mar 22, 2015 at 8:39:43 pm

Thanks, everyone for all the replies. I ended up downloading a program called Visual AVCHD Time Stamp and it takes the day and time from the metadata. Works like a charm. I requires an extra render, but still easier than capturing real time.

Return to posts index

Andrew Thierfelder
on Jul 16, 2015 at 1:47:36 pm

Another option if that doesn't work for anyone is a program called Freemake, I work for a private investigation company and that's what we use to pull the time and date stamps

Return to posts index

Nathan Petersen
on Jun 10, 2016 at 2:47:39 pm

I'm not sure what Dennis Radeke means. If you can output to a monitor that records to to an SD card like an ex. Atomos Ninja that may give you the option, but I would never the time stamp burned into the official video itself--you'll always regret it!!! Never ever burn time stamp onto your video if you don't have to. Export media with timecode--option can be found in the "Export" panel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]