ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Imported F4V turns into green unplayable footage

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lan QuanImported F4V turns into green unplayable footage
by on Mar 20, 2015 at 11:59:03 pm

I imported a .f4v file for my project, and for some reason it simply turns into a solid green matte that's a few seconds long (it's supposed to be like 4min long). I'm pretty sure Premiere Pro supports .flv/.f4v files, and it didn't throw an error when I tried to import it. Anyone know what's going on? The file plays fine in Gomplayer, or any major video player for that matter. I'm using CS5.5. Most other video files import with no problem, and this is the first time I imported a F4V file.

Return to posts index

Vince BecquiotRe: Imported F4V turns into green unplayable footage
by on Mar 21, 2015 at 4:59:36 am

Support for f4v is pretty sketchy, there are are lot of flavors. You could use VLC to export to something else.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: Imported F4V turns into green unplayable footage
by on Apr 4, 2015 at 9:03:53 am

F4V isn't a standard stream video. IT's a wrapper around a standard stream. Encore produces this file when you set it. IT's basically the new "Digital DVD" or "WebDVD". It allows most of the DVD functions and chapters, but also allows web links. It runs JAVA. As a stand alone file... ...players will play it, but editors don't like it, the same way they don't like VideoTS folders with macrovision.

Export with AME and extract the file within to a format you can edit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved