I'm currently trying to create a transition of two tracks using an adjustment layer with the gaussian blur effect on it. While the transition is happening I want to display a different track (a 3D model with the rest being transparent) on top of it.
The adjustment layer with the gaussian blur is working like a charm until the moment I try to set keyframes on it in order to fade the blur effect. What I am doing in order to fade the effect in and out is:
- I create a new adjustment layer and place it directly on top of the tracks that I want to be transitioned.
- I add the gaussian blur effect to the adjustment layer
- I set the blur value to 100 (the tracks beneath are now blurred)
- I add a keyframe for the blur value to the start of the adjustment layer with the blur value being 0
- I add another keyframe shortly after the first one and set the value to 100
- I add another keyframe close to the end of the adjustment layer and set the blur value to 100
- I add another keyframe directly at the end of the adjustment layer and change the value to 0
The outcome of that is: there is no blur effect at all. The crazy thing about this is, I have already done it that way (at least I think I did it the same way) at the beginning of my sequence. I put an adjustment layer right at the start, starting with 100 blur and decreased it via keyframes at the end of the adjustment layer to 0. It works perfectly fine there. When I copy this first adjustment layer and put it where the transition is supposed to be it doesn't blur the tracks beneath at all.
I am new to video editing and gathered all my information via tutorials mostly. I'm pretty sure that I am doing some kind of beginner mistake and am very happy if someone of you could help me. Excuse my poor english please, I'm not a native speaker.