ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

How to use garbage matte and free draw bezier

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt DragovitsHow to use garbage matte and free draw bezier
by on Mar 19, 2015 at 11:05:44 pm

Hello all, I'm trying to use the free draw bezier tool within the garbage matte filter to create a better mask than an eight or sixteen point garbage matte. Essentially I want to use bezier curves to better wrap around the outside of a set piece from the green screen shoot. However, when I draw the mask using the free draw bezier nothing on the outside of the mask disappears. Am I doing something wrong with this tool, or is there a better workflow that I am missing?

FYI, when I draw the mask and then apply a filter like bezier curves it does affect the masked area, so I have tried "inverting" the selection, but no matter what I do, everything in the scene is still visible even with the mask drawn over it.

Return to posts index

Nicholas PatonRe: How to use garbage matte and free draw bezier
by on Jun 19, 2015 at 12:50:25 pm

I am having the exact same problem as Matt. I'm new to Premiere Pro entirely, so undergoing a steep learning curve at the moment.

Any solutions to this? I've ensured I've completed the mask with the pen tool, joining up all the dots as it were, but I can't for the life of me activate the mask, which happens automatically when you use the eight-point tool. What am I missing? Any suggestions much appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved