ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Whats the best way to render out 2K

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david hare
Whats the best way to render out 2K
on Mar 19, 2015 at 10:26:09 am

Ok so im hoping someone can help me out here. I've edited a feature film using cc2014. The footage i have is a prores 422 render from the colour graders. OK i now need to render this out for distribution, ive been asked for a 2K using DHxHD file but i can only seem to go to 1080p. Any ideas on how to get it to render out at 2K? Im on PC so prores isnt an option.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Whats the best way to render out 2K
on Mar 19, 2015 at 10:44:25 am

What are the EXACT specs you got from the distributors?

Return to posts index

david hare
on Mar 19, 2015 at 10:50:50 am

The only information i have been passed is that they want it in a DHxHD format At 2:35 ratio in 2K with separate audio in AC3 format

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Mar 19, 2015 at 12:06:10 pm

DNxHD does not support that so it's a possibility that they have no clue about delivery formats.

Return to posts index

david hare
on Mar 19, 2015 at 12:17:47 pm

that's what i was thinking. I just thought i was going mad. Cheers

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 19, 2015 at 10:25:44 pm

The latest update to Avid includes UHD codecs..2K and 4K. You will need to get the latest codecs for that...

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/Avid-QuickTime-Codecs-LE

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Gabriel Sanchez
on Mar 25, 2015 at 12:14:05 pm

Shane, thanks for the advice, didn´t know avid codecs where updated to UHD and they´re very good news!. Are they free as previous avid codec versions? Will work in PPro CC2014 (8.0.1)?
I´m starting a new 4k proyect with mixed Raw Cinema DNG and Sony Raw .mxf footage, and need to transcode the super-hard-to-work-with Cinema DNG footage to a intermediate with good quality in 4k for online edit, and as i´m on a PC can´t transcode to ProRes, so DNxHR is a very good option. I have the old Avid Quicktime codecs 2.1 with Quicktime 7.6.6, will it be neccesary to uninstall this avid codecs version or updating Quicktime version for the newer UHD codecs to work fine in PProCC? Or simply install them and this will overwrite previous avid codecs installs? Haven´t found any advice or info about this.
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]