ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Capture device for DVCPro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel TisdaleCapture device for DVCPro
by on Mar 18, 2015 at 10:07:29 pm

Good afternoon,

I just have a quick question and this may not even be the correct place to post it, but I hope it is.

I've just taken over the roll of Digital Content Producer for a school district and have been tasked with filming many things including their school board meetings. I'm brand new to the position, so I'm not 100% familiar with their equipment. Currently they contract to an outside company to record and edit the school board meetings, but they want me to take that role over in the coming months.

Currently the company we contract with records the post-mix feed of the meetings on an SDI hard drive recording device similar to a blackmagic shuttle. However, as a backup, they record the meetings on DVCPro Cassettes as well using a rack-mounted DV recorder. (Sorry, I don't have the model type handy)

I plan to copy what they are doing by recording to a Blackmagic shuttle, with DVCPro backup. However, should the Blackmagic shuttle fail, I have no device capable of reading DVCPro cassettes in order to import the footage for editing.

I was wondering if you have any recommendations on what kind of device I can get to capture the DVCPro footage should I need to use it?

To note: I'm editing in Premiere Pro CC & the cheaper the better, this is for a school district so money is very tight.

TL:DR Version: What device do you recommend to capture DVCPro recorded footage to my computer for editing?

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Capture device for DVCPro
by on Mar 20, 2015 at 2:34:01 am

Have you looked to see if anyone in your area rents DVCProHD decks? If so, renting on an as needed basis would probably be the most cost effective option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved