ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Batch capture failing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy BrungerBatch capture failing
by on Mar 18, 2015 at 3:45:13 pm

Hi all,

Been having an annoying problem batch capturing from HDCAM (Sony JH3 SDI) via Decklink HDExtreme using PProCC2014.2 on a Mac Pro tower. Never had problems in the past with this kit...

Have logged a bunch of clips as normal and then select all and hit F6. All goes fine until it tries to capture the second clip (sometimes fails on the first aswell) where it says its recording, but the counter stays on zeros and no file starts to get written.

Seems to work when I only select one clip at a time and then F6.

Have tried capturing to a G-DRIVE RAID via eSATA and also onto the network media drive aswell.

Only variable I can think of is the deck is hired and may not be the exact deck I've used in the past, but not showing any obvious playback problems.

Thanks if you can help.

Adobe CC 2014
MacPro 2013 8-core 3GHz / 64GB RAM / Dual FirePro D500s / OSX 10.10
Decklink Extreme+ 3D / 2TB SSD RAID-0 scratch / XServe + UD RAID on Small Tree 10GbE

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: Batch capture failing
by on Mar 30, 2015 at 3:30:44 am

You say you haven't had problems in the past with this deck. Were you using the same software? The same computer? The same camera?
Is this a live feed or is this memory dump?
If this is a memory dump, use AME to store the original files as an intermediary that matches their settings (AVC or Prores are the most common).
If this is live video, remember that there is only ever one file stream created. You don't log and transport video with premiere. You should be using prelude or AME. Raw camera footage is usually compressed, and with a manufacturer specific compression. When you use an input deck, you are attempting to use the live footage controls of Premiere. This is a single file stream only kind of deal. You'll have to import each one individually that way, and play through each file, one at a time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved