ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

"Rendering Required Files" makes editing impossible

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rudy Sainker"Rendering Required Files" makes editing impossible
by on Mar 18, 2015 at 2:31:44 am

SO I'm working on this video, and I have about 75 minutes of footage. I keep chopping out the lulls and what not, and I noticed I was having some serious color consistency issues. But if I wanted to edit the colors, it'd have to be one tiny section at a time. I began correcting the bits, but it became incredibly meticulous, though I was yielding fairly positive results. So in order to merge the chopped up bits of video and edit the colors of all of them at once, without losing the edits I'd made to the tiny clips, I nested them in a few larger sections along with the external audio. I made the more broad corrections, and things were running swimmingly.

Until they weren't.

Now, once I begin to play the video, I recieve the message "Rendering Required Files" along with a status bar. This stays seemingly static for about 30 seconds, then I get the Windows "Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 is not respoding" message.

What do I do? I can't just start all over again. I don't want to lose my tedious color corrections. Can I just "edit > undo" until I've un-nested everything, and then merge the clips without losing color correction effects?

Help :(

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: "Rendering Required Files" makes editing impossible
by on Mar 18, 2015 at 12:46:00 pm

Starting with Premiere Pro CS6, there's a feature called adjustment layers that let you apply effects to everything below them on the timeline. You could use this in place of your nests:

While you will probably not be able to reverse your nesting by undoing, you should be able to open each nest and copy and paste the clips back into your main timeline. I'd suggest making a backup copy of your project file before diving into this.

However, you shouldn't be seeing this error message in the first place. What effects are you using? What kind of footage? What are your system specs?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Rudy SainkerRe: "Rendering Required Files" makes editing impossible
by on Mar 18, 2015 at 7:40:14 pm

Thank you for the response.

Pre-nesting I used the Fast Color Corrector. Post-nesting I used the Color Balance and Brightness & Contrast effects. 1080p 24fps AVCHD footage. I'm running a Surface Pro 3 (i5-4300U 8GB RAM).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved