ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

using iWork Numbers or Excel to calculate timecode for my Premiere Pro CC project...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Natteauusing iWork Numbers or Excel to calculate timecode for my Premiere Pro CC project...
by on Mar 17, 2015 at 2:44:52 pm

Sorry if this isn't the right forum to post this question but I'm working in a Premiere Pro CC project and I need to do a bunch of timecode calculations.
I know there are apps out there for that, but I was hoping I could use either Excel or iWork Numbers to perform these timecode additions, substractions.

Has anyone here used either of these programs for this or perhaps could point me in the right direction? I already googled this but haven't found anything as of yet.
Or can those programs not perform timecode calcuations?

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Charlie LeroyRe: using iWork Numbers or Excel to calculate timecode for my Premiere Pro CC project...
by on Mar 17, 2015 at 3:23:47 pm

Hey Nicholas!
what kind of calculations do you have to do?

Return to posts index

Nicholas NatteauRe: using iWork Numbers or Excel to calculate timecode for my Premiere Pro CC project...
by on Mar 23, 2015 at 3:46:38 pm

Hi Charlie,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Just hoping to do basic additions and subtractions with timecode.

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: using iWork Numbers or Excel to calculate timecode for my Premiere Pro CC project...
by on Mar 30, 2015 at 6:14:06 am

look up tccalc in google.

Works for me.
Even does division etc...

I was able to use it to calculate how many measures in a musical timed video.

Basically, the video was made with the music in it already, and we are performing the piece at a show, and need to match this for timing. I had to find the beat, the measure number etc and display that for practices. This got me to a frame based number calculation, then I just did a calc based on the number of frames per second (for how many seconds) and added the remaining frames. Worked perfect and free.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]