ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

PPCC 2014: Using multicam to sync multiple clips from multiple cameras and audio sources

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon MeekerPPCC 2014: Using multicam to sync multiple clips from multiple cameras and audio sources
by on Mar 16, 2015 at 11:19:05 pm

PP CC2014: USING MULTICAM TO SYNC ONE CAMERA, MULTIPLE CLIPS BASED ON TIME OF DAY

Hi there,

I am a Assistant Editor at a small broadcast production company in Denver. We use Premiere Pro CC 2014 and I am regularly tasked with with syncing audio from multiple sources, and multiple cameras. While tedious, I am capable of doing it manually, as well as with Pluraleyes, however pluraleyes ALWAYS places clips out of order and/or in the complete wrong place on the timeline. My editors work of chrono'd sequences and I need the clips to stay in order.

I am THIS close to being able to get it to work (I think) with PP CC multicam and Time of Day timecode, however, it places each individual clip I select on a different track and treats them as a separate camera, so I end up with 100s of tracks and no way to flatten.

My questions is, are there any workarounds or tips anyone can lend me in order to keep my timelines organized, and still have sync? Pluraleyes is wonderful, but causes a lot of headache in the process.

Thanks!

Jon Meeker
AE - TrueSight Media

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: PPCC 2014: Using multicam to sync multiple clips from multiple cameras and audio sources
by on Mar 16, 2015 at 11:57:51 pm

[Jon Meeker] "I am THIS close to being able to get it to work (I think) with PP CC multicam and Time of Day timecode, however, it places each individual clip I select on a different track and treats them as a separate camera, so I end up with 100s of tracks and no way to flatten. "

Submit a feature request to Adobe. The URL is below.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

That's one of the few gripes I have about multicam in PPro. There should be a way to label the clips Cam A, Cam B, Cam C, etc., so that when PPro syncs it all up all of Cam A is on Track 1, all of Cam B is on 2, etc.,. Having to manually move the clips down on to their right tracks brings a pretty fast and smooth process to a screeching halt.

Return to posts index

Jon MeekerRe: PPCC 2014: Using multicam to sync multiple clips from multiple cameras and audio sources
by on Mar 17, 2015 at 1:31:45 am

For sure. I have, actually. I appreciate the link though. Yeah, it would seem simple right up until you can't flatten the sequence or tell PP cameras the clips came from.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]