ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

TV Series Workflow: Sony PXW-FS7K > Premiere Pro CC > Sony Vegas > XAVC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren EdwardsTV Series Workflow: Sony PXW-FS7K > Premiere Pro CC > Sony Vegas > XAVC
by on Mar 16, 2015 at 7:10:40 pm

Hi folks,

Am about to A-cam and offline edit a 6 x 60min ep TV series, shot in the Caribbean.

We're starting afresh with the kit: i.e. camera and NLE.

We initially liked URSA but I don't want to purchase a Mac/FCX suite just to work with the ProRes, so I'm proposing we go FS7K and PPro CC.

The FS7K does the broadcast-friendly MPEG-2/422/50mbps default we'll need to sell it, but the cam also does a lot higher K/mbps via its XAVC/MPEG-4-H.264 options.

Nobody involved in production has worked with PPro and XAVC yet. Adobe says PPro CC supports the XAVC codec natively, so I'm hoping there's people reading this that have had experience and can input any tips, tricks, pros and cons.

Our series producer suggests that, working with new Sony codecs, that maybe Sony Vegas is a safer option, codec-wise?

What I don't like, Sony cam and codec-wise, is shooting footage pre-compressed with MPEG-4 and H.264. I'm sure it'll look good (in HD, 2K and 4K) but the pre-compression worries me. I also prefer PPro (w/After Effects integration) to Vegas

All feedback appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved