ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Media Encoder CC - 12 hour timecode limit

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex GoloAdobe Media Encoder CC - 12 hour timecode limit
by on Mar 14, 2015 at 2:52:39 pm
Last Edited By Alex Golo on Mar 14, 2015 at 6:43:27 pm

I have a 20-hour endurance race video which I need to overlay timecode on. I tried exporting to AME CC while adding timecode effect under AME and it worked fine except that the timecode stops after 12 hours and the video keeps going... Extremely disappointing to find that after a long encode time....

Does anyone have any solutions? I have stacked multiple clips as the camera split the video every 90 minutes or so and the video is perfect while the timecode is not working...

Quite a time-sensitive project and I am out of ideas...

Please help.

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Adobe Media Encoder CC - 12 hour timecode limit
by on Mar 16, 2015 at 11:22:11 am

Hi there Alex,

First off, I'd report what sounds like a bug to Adobe via this page: bug/feature request form

As to your problem, if you can actually split up the clip at all, you could make just two large segments (10 hours each). For the second one, you would go to the timecode overlay section, choose generate timecode and then enter in the start time of the second large clip. For example, 10:00:00:01.

I will send a link to this conversation to the AME team as well to see if they have any comments.

Hope this helps,
Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved