I've seen a lot of posts about this all over the internet. Here's what I've done which seems to work great for anyone stuck
1) Create cut from export, or original edit, using the same settings.
2) Create new sequence as DV PAL Widescreen 48Hz.
3) Drop the dvd SEQUENCE onto the new DV PAL sequence, and scale up to fill frame.
4) Export as MPEG-2-DVD and set field order as progressive and up the bit rate.
5) Open Toast or other, drop the video and audio in, they’ll be 2 separate files.
6) In preferences set the field order as progressive, check bit rate and click burn.
I usually start with prores, end with prores. Start big, end big. If you have chapters etc, you'll want them accessible for your DVD... ...so...
Start with prores for blu-ray, make edits. Export to prores LT or full 422. Use compressor to compress down to both blu-ray AVCHD and dvd mpg2, and output an audio for each as well, tagged with the disc format in the name. If the MPG2 is too large, 1 more set of workflow... ...Otherwise just send premiere sequence to encore project make any common info, save, save as and make a second copy of the project. Build blu-ray in one project, dvd in the other, and set the transcodes (Locate Transcode) to the files from compressor (with a correct file type, you will be asked where the audio file is in a second dialogue). Build disc image for each, drop onto TOAST and burn one. Place into duplicator... ...burn 50 |P