ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

What's the best practice to setup Project Manager for a perfect copy of a single sequence... I'm having issues...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan RobertsWhat's the best practice to setup Project Manager for a perfect copy of a single sequence... I'm having issues...
by on Mar 11, 2015 at 8:38:55 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to archive some old shows I've cut for a client from Premiere onto a drive so I can wipe mine clean. They're projects with all native footage (no transcoding) and include an F3, 5D, gopro and then AVCHD files for some small in car cameras. I'm trying to "collect files and copy to new location" as I'd love to keep everything native as is (to save time from having to transcode just to archive). What seems to be tripping up my Project Manager are the MTS Video files from the AVCHD (but audio from those MTS files play correctly in the collected files project). They play perfectly in my original timeline and exported fine for all the cuts and final tape layoff but when I make the new collected files project, Premiere either is pointing to incorrect timecodes for these clips (the zebra stripes without reporting missing media) or will cut to different portions in the picture than what was originally there. If I must "Consolidate and Transcode" then that's fine but when I try this option using Sequence, Individual Clips or Preset, it tells me that essentially they're going to copy the media which doesn't match anyways which I'd assume will lead me to the same issue. What's the most reliable method for archiving old Premiere projects and kill all unused media from them to save space? Thanks!

EDITOR
Features : Television : Commercial
http://www.BryanRobertsEditor.com

Return to posts index

Vince BecquiotRe: What's the best practice to setup Project Manager for a perfect copy of a single sequence... I'm having issues...
by on Mar 12, 2015 at 3:08:37 am

Hi Bryan,

I no longer mess with the project manager. I just export a full sequence in Prores HQ. Then I copy everything to the archive drives.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Bryan RobertsRe: What's the best practice to setup Project Manager for a perfect copy of a single sequence... I'm having issues...
by on Mar 12, 2015 at 4:41:58 pm

Ouch, that bad huh. It's unfortunate, I just had to archive some FCP projects which worked flawlessly as always and while those have the luxury of being comprised of media almost entirely in ProRes which I'm sure makes the archiving process WAY easier to get correct, I was hoping Premiere would have nailed this since they push editing with native files so hard. Bleh.

EDITOR
Features : Television : Commercial
http://www.BryanRobertsEditor.com

Return to posts index

Vince BecquiotRe: What's the best practice to setup Project Manager for a perfect copy of a single sequence... I'm having issues...
by on Mar 12, 2015 at 4:45:12 pm

I think the complexity of many AVCHD file structures makes it more likely to fail. It works fine with P2 or ProRes, but start throwing in mixed footage and you might have a hard time.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]