ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

The project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie WonnacottThe project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened
by on Mar 11, 2015 at 7:35:00 pm

I know this question has been asked many times but I'm yet to find a successful solution. We were moving some drives between computers which resulted in a drive letter changing. Despite changing it back I can not open a Premiere CS5.5 project without getting the dreaded message:

"The project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened"

1. Backups are not an option because the autosaves and backups are all affected by the same issue.
2. Tried importing the project into a fresh Premiere and After effects project without luck.
3. Tried opening the project in XMLWrench to look for corrupt code but all I get is a blank page with no code (despite the file being 20Mb).
4. Cleared prefs and cache.

I know that rebuilding the project may be my only option but the issue here is that a fully functioning project was affected by a simply change of drive letter (I believe). How can this be? How can we get into the code and fix it?

I would kindly ask that conversation is kept to constructive ways of fixing a file now, not advice on what to do in the future. The internet is full of comments like that and they simply dilute the helpful answers.

Many thanks in advance. I look forward to us finding a solution to this regular problem.

Jamie Wonnacott
Creative Video Production Bristol Somerset
Wedding Video Production Somerset

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved