ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Cross dissolves stopped working with new AMD Radeon R9 295X video card

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Karing
Cross dissolves stopped working with new AMD Radeon R9 295X video card
on Mar 11, 2015 at 3:35:47 am

Just installed a brand spankin' new and improved AMD Radeon R9 295X 8Gb video card into my editing bay and, what do you know, things are no so much improved. I've lost the ability to use dissolves (even with manually changing the opacity key-frames). All fades just cut to the next clip at the end of the dissolve. Strangely though, the additive dissolve still works just fine. Another issue that appeared with the video card update is that the warp stabilizer effect works on some clips and turns others black until the effect is removed from the clip - then everything goes back to normal. So, in short, no fades and no warp stabilizer. Don't know if there are any other issues yet, since I haven't gotten to the next step in the editing process because of this issue. Fun, fun, fun.

Everything was going fine, albeit slowly, when I was using my 1Gb Nvidia card 2 days ago. I did my homework, did the research, checked the approved adobe compatibility list and felt assured by AMD's and Adobe's claims that these products were made for one another. I talked to the Adobe reps and they claim that the issue is with the video card drivers, which I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled three times. Nothing seems to help. Now I'm reinstalling Premiere Pro CC 2014 in an last ditch effort. Do any of you guys have any ideas besides going back to using my old Nvidia card? $600 wasted on a useless card doesn't much help with work falling behind, with or without assurances from Adobe that things are being worked on.

Thanks for any insights you guys might have.

Specs:
Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70Ghz. ASUS P9X79 LE Mainboard. 16Gb RAM. Windows 7 64bit. XFX Core Edition R9-295X 8Gb 295x2 DDR5 PCIe3.

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto Croce
Re: Cross dissolves stopped working with new AMD Radeon R9 295X video card
on Mar 11, 2015 at 8:42:10 am

Have you switch from cuda to opencl on mercury playback engine?

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Alex Karing
Re: Cross dissolves stopped working with new AMD Radeon R9 295X video card
on Mar 11, 2015 at 8:56:28 am

I did switch to OpenCL after installing the new video card. That's when the problems started to occur. The fades work in software accelerated mode, but stop working when the OpenCL hardware acceleration is enabled, the whole reason for buying a new card in the first place. This led the adobe rep and me to conclude that the issue must be with the card/drivers and not the software. I did also uninstall and reinstall Premiere Pro CC 2014 just to verify that it wasn't a NLE software issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]