ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

DSLR footage no longer recognized? Adobe Premiere Pro 8.2.0, OSX 10.10.2

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Sarfatty
DSLR footage no longer recognized? Adobe Premiere Pro 8.2.0, OSX 10.10.2
on Mar 10, 2015 at 3:24:31 pm

A few months ago I upgraded my mac to Yosemite, and around the same time updated Premiere.

Premiere CS 6 2014 Now has major issues with DSLR footage.

First, I was able to get some DSLR footage in, but whenever I scrubbed through it in the timeline or source monitor the image would freeze, then the software would lock up.

The footage worked fine on a PC running the latest version of Premiere, and there was nothing unusual about this footage - .MOV, .h263, same type of material I usually work with,

TODAY I try bringing some DSLR footage in to Premiere CS 2014 and it won't even turn up in Media Browser. I try to drag the .MOV file in, and I get an error that the file isn't recognized. I tried dragging one of the files to my internal drive, same problem.

I still have 7.2.2 installed (last full release of Adobe CC before it was relabeled 2014). That takes the footage fine in Media Browser, and scrubs through it like I'd expect.

What's going on? Is it Yosemite? Is it Premiere 8.2.0? Did Adobe suddenly drop native support for DSLR files and now expect us to transcode everything??

Please help.

-Brian

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: DSLR footage no longer recognized? Adobe Premiere Pro 8.2.0, OSX 10.10.2
on Mar 10, 2015 at 3:48:06 pm

You might want to check your file permissions.

Return to posts index

Brian Sarfatty
Re: DSLR footage no longer recognized? Adobe Premiere Pro 8.2.0, OSX 10.10.2
on Mar 10, 2015 at 3:49:30 pm

In another thread
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/954894

Someone recommended re-installing Premiere, I did this and it now recognized DSLR footage. Will keep you updated if it works or hangs.

Apparently after installing a new OS, a re-install of software is a good idea.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]