ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Replace with AE comp Raw footage importing as still frame

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob ViscardisReplace with AE comp Raw footage importing as still frame
by on Mar 9, 2015 at 4:39:19 pm

I am editing with Raw cinema DNG files, and doing a simple "send to after effects comp" with a short clip. The file sends to After effects, opens up ACR, then after making adjustments opens in a comp, but only as a still frame. It doesn't import the video (image sequence) file. I can't seem to figure this out... any suggestions?

-Premiere Pro and After Effects 2014.2
-Mac OSx10.8.5

Return to posts index

Rob ViscardisRe: Replace with AE comp Raw footage importing as still frame
by on Mar 9, 2015 at 5:51:29 pm

Well, to my dismay, I just found out from Adobe support that there is currently no solution to this. The only current workaround is to import the video file into the AE comp seperately, and match the ins and outs manually. The importers in Premiere and After Effects are different, so dynamic link does not recognize Cinema DNG files as video- just a still image.

I've just made a feature request... What a pain. Here I was thinking adobe had a bulletproof workflow for my blackmagic pocket camera files... Hope they get on this soon!

Return to posts index

Kevin MonahanRe: Replace with AE comp Raw footage importing as still frame
by on Mar 9, 2015 at 10:34:30 pm

Hi Rob,
We were just discussing this issue at the tech meeting this morning. I agree that this should work as expected. Though I'm not sure how long it would take for a fix, I urge all others experiencing this issue to file a feature request here: http://adobe.ly/feature_request

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]