ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Red frames on Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex OjedaRed frames on Premiere
by on Mar 8, 2015 at 3:31:13 pm

I am having this issue now, never heard of this problem until now. And its happening inside projects that had been ok since a few months back when I finish them. I just went in to export again some of the sequences and now the red frames are all over like a plague. Its Canon footage from an XF300. Ive deleted media cache files, digital rebellion house clean, and now that I want to restart premiere it keeps on crashing while loading the media files, I relaunch again and it loads some more files and goes a bit further until if finally stops crashing after 3 -4 times. I tried the following solution suggested by an Adobe guy: offline clips, delete media cache, save project, close project, link again, and the red frames were gone from the timeline, but they did show up in the exported movie!! I need to deliver this to client this Monday!! Is there any fix to this? I been using this project for a few months exporting movies with no problem until now, but I haven't changed anything in the project. What caused it? What should I do to fix this asap. Please help! Im using Premiere CC 2014 latest update 8.1 Many thanks!

Alex Ojeda

Return to posts index

Alex OjedaRe: Red frames on Premiere
by on Mar 8, 2015 at 7:06:53 pm

Im running on Premiere Pro 8.1 caravan OSX 10.9.2

Alex Ojeda

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo JørgensenRe: Red frames on Premiere
by on Mar 9, 2015 at 8:35:18 am

Hey Alex,

It is a known problem for the second to last version of Premiere Pro CC. I thought that they had fixed it by now, as I am no longer getting them.

However, based on advice I received at the time one should use the "Media Browser" within Premiere Pro to import tapeless footage. Rather than doing the drag & drop straight into the project panel. Since doing this, I have seen none of the annoying red flashes.

If your project is an older version, it may be worth considering setting up a new project and import all the timelines from the old one into that.

All the Best

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid

Return to posts index

Alex OjedaRe: Red frames on Premiere
by on Mar 17, 2015 at 9:25:40 am

Hi, Mads,

Many thanks for the info. Ive never imported footage by dragging and dropping. Ive always used the media browser. I did a bit of research and apparently that red frames bug came back strong in version 8.2, and affects most commonly mxf files, randomly attacking some users.

I rolled back to Premiere 8.1 and AME 8.0.1 and now im good. I'll wait a while before updating again.

Again, many thanks!

Alex Ojeda

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved