ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

timeline lagging then grinding to a halt

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry Moffatttimeline lagging then grinding to a halt
by on Mar 7, 2015 at 5:13:45 pm

I recently bought a new computer and made the switch from FCP to Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014

Computer specs.

Yosemite latest version
iMac (retina 5K 27 inch, late 2014
Processor GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Start Up Disk Mac HD
Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB
G-raid 7200 - thunderbolt.

I'm working with MTS, MPeg4 and GoPro Mpeg4 Files. I imported all folders and created several select timelines which play normally. Once I started copying selects to my working timeline and started editing my working timeline quickly lagged to a slow unworkable speed. Its like every shot is being re- rendered following any function, or movement of the cursor. I have not as yet added any filters or transitions. The timeline is only 2 mins long. I have yellow render bars over timelines. Music track is playing normally. program has crashed twice.

I have downgraded my display from 5K to the next smallest size.
Downsized preview monitors to 1/4.
Cleared out my cache folders.
Spoken with an and Abobe tech guy for 2 hours - he had access to my machine. No joy.
Checked all sequence settings- multiple times.

Should I go with an earlier version of PPro and OS. Can I transfer all my timelines and logged footage. Please help out a brother... edit due in 2 weeks...

Gerry Moffatt

Return to posts index

Gerry MoffattRe: timeline lagging then grinding to a halt
by on Mar 8, 2015 at 10:03:12 pm

So- Render and Replace fixed my problem. That said, what settings in the "render and replace" window should I use for - Source- Format - Preset.

My files are MP4. MTS. GoPro all shot 24p. thx.

Gerry Moffatt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved