ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere renders a particular frame multiple times in timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim KeeganPremiere renders a particular frame multiple times in timeline
by on Mar 5, 2015 at 4:18:59 pm

I have a strange issue. In my timeline (and this happens on multiple projects since I've been using Premiere Pro CS 6), it will randomly stick on a frame and I guess in it's preview render repeat the same frame for 3 or 4 frames. So it looks like my video is sticking. It doesn't stop playing, it just plays the same frame a few times making it look like it's sticking. I scrub through frame by frame and and validate that it's reproducing frames. If I adjust where the clip cuts by even one frame, then it plays correctly. I'm guessing because it appears that Premiere realizes the clip needs to be re-rendered and this time it gets it right. However I want that cut at that exact spot. If I remove the clip and put it back, it remembers that it's the same clip so it uses "the messed up" cache render from before, so I cannot get the clip to render properly like this. However, if I put a cut somewhere in the middle of the clip just so that Premiere thinks it has to render it again, it renders both parts of the clip again and it is then resolved. This is obviously a bug, but has anyone either found a fix for this, or is there a way to clear the cached render on a clip in a timeline (I'd be fine with that as a workaround)?

I'm using Premiere Pro CS 6 v6.0.0 on a Mac Pro Tower, 12 core, 24GB RAM w/ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB video card. OS is 10.10.1 (Yosemite).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved