ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Rate strach tool adds extra frames to clip

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael RonRate strach tool adds extra frames to clip
by on Mar 5, 2015 at 3:14:38 pm

I work at a post production facility and we recently found out that using time-remapping on clips causes the Project Manager process to either fail or be incomplete, since the clip will be unavailable in the trimmed-project.
We use the Project Manager tool to transfer projects to AE and for archiving purposes, so I have told our video editors to only use the speed tools instead of time-remapping until this bug is fixed.
However, one of the editors showed me today that using the rate-strach tool, adds an extra frame to the beginning of the clip - e.g. I have two clips on the timeline, and using the tool on the cut between them (end of clip A), adds a single frame to the beginning of clip A, that wasn't there before this action was performed.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? Do you know if this is a bug known to adobe that they plan to fix?
Any other suggestions for a workaround in the meantime? I guess we are looking for a way to speed up clips without using time-remapping or speed tools.. I'm assuming this doesn't exist, but figured I'll ask anyway just in case I'm missing something.

In case it makes any difference, we are working on OS X 10.9.5 with the latest version of premiere CC14.

Return to posts index

Brad BakerRe: Rate strach tool adds extra frames to clip
by on Mar 5, 2015 at 11:31:25 pm

I've seen that as well...and it's definitely annoying. The first and last frames should be locked no matter how much you stretch the clip.

Return to posts index

Tim KirbyRe: Rate strach tool adds extra frames to clip
by on Mar 6, 2015 at 7:17:06 pm

Yes, we get this too. As nearly all our throughput is interlaced (for UK Broadcast) and often from standards converted sources, we get the additional 'feature' of the new frames being interpolated as well. Great!

Man cannot discover new oceans until he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Return to posts index

Michael RonRe: Rate strach tool adds extra frames to clip
by on Mar 9, 2015 at 7:34:49 am

That's interesting, our footage is also mostly interlaced (for broadcast in Israel), so I guess this could be the issue.. I will run some tests with progressive footage and see how that works.
However I would still think Premiere would have a way of overcoming this issue, since many people work with interlaced footage.. If my sequence settings match the footage and are set to interlace, I would still expect no extra frames to be added.

I submitted a bug report to Adobe - I would love for people who also have this issue to do the same, and maybe this can be solved in a future update.

If anyone has any other info or workaround ideas, I would love to hear them.
Thanks! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved