ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Capture settings crash Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael RonCapture settings crash Premiere
by on Mar 4, 2015 at 3:07:15 pm

I work at a post production facility, where we sometimes need to capture old archive tapes (mostly digital betas) - This worked fine in Premiere up to a couple of months ago.
Today we had to capture some tapes, and ran into a really weird issue - when opening the capture window and hitting the "Settings" tab, the spinning wheel of death appears and Premiere crashes with a serious error.

We tried this on three different stations, using different decks and the same error seems to occur.
Has anyone else had this issue? Is it possible that the latest update broke the capture feature?

We're working on Mac Pro towers late 2011-2012, running OS X 10.9.5 and using Blackmagic Decklink extreme HD 3 for capture - Premiere, graphics card (cuda) and BM drivers all updated to latest drivers.

I tried deleting p-lists for premiere, resetting p-ram and permissions, etc.. But the problem seems to persist, which makes me think it's something to do with Premiere itself.
If this is a bug and you can think of any possible workarounds we can use, I'd be glad to hear it. For now we're using FCP7 for tape capture, but I don't want to relay on FCP since it will probably not work for much longer..

Return to posts index

Michael RonRe: Capture settings crash Premiere
by on Mar 11, 2015 at 7:56:31 am

So no one but us is having this issue?
(Or is tape-capture is even more dead than I imagined?)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved