ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Can't grab/adjust right handle of the work area bar

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Balch
Can't grab/adjust right handle of the work area bar
on Mar 4, 2015 at 10:43:59 am

After upgrading to Premiere CC 2014 I have been having some problems with the work area bar.I can't grab the the right handle of the work area bar - instead I take hold of and move the timeslider. See attached photo

This occurs every time i work with projects which was originally created in CS6. I have tried to reinstall CC 2014 and also to create a new project and import the sequences from the old files but neither works.
If I create a new project from scratch and create a new sequence I am able to adjust the handles on booth sides of the work area bar and also the 'middle' one, but the 'touch-area' is very small and narrow. It takes 2-3 attempts before i can get hold of and move the handles. Most of the time i just seem to move the timeslider.
In the attached photo I have highlighted some kind of graphical error ( vertical lines in the top of the timeline). It occurs when I move the cursor. Could this be part of the problem?

Return to posts index

Peter Balch
Re: Can't grab/adjust right handle of the work area bar
on Mar 5, 2015 at 8:21:16 am

A small update to my problem:
There seems to be an inconsistency between the upper part of the timeline (where I can adjust work area bar and timeslider) and the lower part (where my clips apear). Could the upper part somehow be zoomed in a bit...?
I have figured out that if I adjust for the difference between the two parts I can actually grab the right handle of the work area bar. The actual position of the handle differs the further I move the work area bar to the right.....

Return to posts index

eugene sarigumba
on May 31, 2015 at 3:17:16 am

Hello,
I just joined Adobe CC2014 and I'm experiencing the same thing. Was just wondering if you found out what was causing this?
Thanks,
Eugene

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on May 31, 2015 at 9:31:08 am
Last Edited By Ann Bens on May 31, 2015 at 10:10:51 am

Have you tried turning of the Work Area Bar and using the in and outpoint instead.
Is your graphics card driver up to date?
You could also restart computer and while holding down shift+alt open Premiere until welcome screen.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]