ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Sequence settings, best quality for a projected slide show?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa SowellSequence settings, best quality for a projected slide show?
by on Mar 3, 2015 at 4:26:44 pm

Hi all,

I was planning to use Premiere Pro to put together a slide show featuring a few hundred still images overlaid with our members' logos, using fairly basic animations throughout. The slide show will run from a Mac laptop and will be projected onto large widescreen projectors at a large hotel. I have a custom acoustic guitar backing track for it too.

I am used to setting up sequences from our Panasonic video camera, but not sure what would be best to use for highest quality for something like this?

Also should I reconsider and use After Effects? The animations are very basic I can do what I need to do using the Motion filter... but thought I'd get your opinions.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Sequence settings, best quality for a projected slide show?
by on Mar 3, 2015 at 7:53:18 pm

Your post resolution will be defined by the output resolution of the Mac laptop and the projectors.

Are you bringing the laptop and simply connecting to their projectors? if so, what connection, and what is the native rez of the projectors?

Are you bringing sound gear for the audio, or plugging into their system?

Return to posts index

Lisa SowellRe: Sequence settings, best quality for a projected slide show?
by on Mar 4, 2015 at 1:32:56 pm

Hi John,

The Macbook Pro is a newer one, I think it's native resolution is 2880 X 1800. This is a hotel in a nearby town, company having their annual meeting there and they just want images to run and music to play while people are milling around before and during breaks. I was actually going to edit the slide show on my desktop Mac Pro though, do you think that is a bad idea? Does it matter?

I was planning to connect to their built in projector(s). Will call them and find out about the resolution and also I guess it will make a difference if their end is DVI or VGA too right? I have adaptors for both types of connectors into the mini port. To answer the audio yes again, plugging into their system as well.

Once I know the native resolution of the projectors, then I guess I still need to be clear on which settings to choose for the new project/sequence... will get back with answers later today.

Thanks for reply!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved