ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Footage looks muddy right after import

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrei PentchevFootage looks muddy right after import
by on Mar 3, 2015 at 8:05:25 am

I have a strange problem with Premiere CC - the footage looks muddy and bleached right after importing, before I even put it in a sequence. I usually let Premiere automatically chose the right sequence settings, but this time,as I noticed this problem, I tried tweaking them a bit (in order to get better quality), with no success. After I create a sequence in either way, nothing changes.

There is a vast difference in the look when I play the footage in vlc/quicktime/media player and when I play it in Premiere. The one from premiere has far less contrast and saturation and possibly more artifacts and blocking (not completely sure about the latter two). And this is before any export! Changing the playback resolution in premiere didn't help.

After I export from Premiere (regardless the settings), things stay the same, but this seems logical as the contrast is lowered right after import.

Of course I can tweak contrast and colors in Premiere to correct this, but this is strange nonetheless.

Has anybody experienced such issues?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Footage looks muddy right after import
by on Mar 3, 2015 at 9:57:52 am

[Andrei Pentchev] "the footage"

Codec? Format? Screenshots?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved